Career Opportunity – Production Supervisor, Molding Department, Third Shift
The Production Supervisor – Molding – performs supervisory and production functions for the assigned shift. This would include, but not be limited to: scheduling daily machine and duty assignments to employees on the shift, directing job functions, carrying out production requirements, overseeing equipment problems, handling employee complaints, problems, and discipline, liaisons with other departments and customers. Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. This position is for Third Shift (11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.).
Key competencies include:
- Schedules and directs daily production, assigns machines following a rotation schedule;
- Assigns and oversees production duties and functions on the shift;
- Assists management with production requirements;
- Ensures that quality assurance measures and procedures are followed, guides and assists quality inspectors as necessary. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Oversees training of employees, including new hires, assists employees with equipment, operational, production problems;
- Enforces company policies and procedures, handles employee complaints, grievances, and disciplinary activities;
- Makes recommendations and decisions concerning probationary hires and performance problems for all employees and documents problems and discussions with employee;
- Confides with and follows Personnel Department directions;
- Ensures overall safety for shift, makes sure personnel follow safety practices and procedures;
- Assists with hazard communications, accident reporting, and spill procedures;
- Enforces company lockout/tag-out procedures and tow motor safety, directs emergency evacuation;
- Interacts with customers as needed;
- Ensures accurate reporting of production and inventory thru the use of the ERP system (IQMS)
- Audits policies and procedures assigned to shift personnel;
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed.
- Cross-departmental supervisor activities as requested.
Manager, Molding Department
Education: High school education or higher
Knowledge: A working knowledge computers using Office programs and interacting with our ERP system. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing (working human relations skills).
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
Independent Judgment: Constant. Performs duties with little supervision, regularly makes independent judgments. Must make independent decisions when required as to equipment, production, and personnel problems. Job requires leadership skills.
Quality: Follow regulatory, company and departmental procedures implicitly. In the execution of their job functions, Production Supervisors must focus on the quality aspect of their activities. Each assigned activity has at least an indirect, if not direct, impact on the profitability of the department. Doing the job right the first time and in a timely manner is important to meeting management expectations. Production Supervisors are responsible for the quality output of the molding department. It should always be a goal to achieve zero defects on each job. Quality product delivered to Ferriot customers is the number one priority.
Physical Exertion: Routinely lifts 15-40 lbs. Requires lifting of heavy items; job requires being on feet most of the shift, bends, twists, stoops, walks, lifts and extensively uses hands, wrists and shoulders, legs, waist, and back, uses hand/eye coordination to remove molds, drive tow motor when necessary; has to work with and around heat and dust; must be able to climb and work effectively at heights, in tight places and uncomfortable positions. Must be able to exert enough pressure to securely tighten mold bolts, connections, and hook-ups.
Tools: Ratchet, knives, screw driver, hammer, wrenches, pry bars, molds, cans/drums, mixing tumblers, parts scale, staple machine, mills, bolts, clippers, pliers, sanders, funnels, channel locks, overhead crane, paper, markers, pencils, written policies and procedures, labor contract, conveyor ramps, automatic floor sweepers, brushes, vacuum loaders, tow motors, tape machines, band machines, truck docks, propane tanks, vacuums, brooms, locks and tag outs, absorbents, rags, gloves, dust masks, glasses/goggles, and ladders.
Attendance: Must be in attendance on a regular, full time basis and conform to all company attendance policies. Due to the leadership and directional nature of this position, attendance is of utmost importance. The Production Supervisor must be available and willing to work other shifts and overtime (including weekends) as necessary/required.
Hourly non-bargaining unit. This is an “at will” position.
Interested individuals should fill out our online application. In-person applications are not accepted at our facility.
Ferriot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.