Custom Injection Molding Capabilities
- Contract manufacturing, including short runs
- Specialized engineering assistance for complex thermoplastic materials
- Molds for large components
- Painting and finishing
- Custom injection molding
- Structural foam molding
- Gas-assist molding
Custom Injection Molding Services
- Expertise in a wide range of molding disciplines, enabling customers to place multiple projects with one vendor
- 24-hour mold repair and maintenance, allowing production to stay on schedule
- Pad printing to turn out finished parts with branding and other artwork
- Capacity to insert mold subcomponents directly into products for high manufacturing efficiency
- Full or partial assembly of mechanical and electromechanical components
- EMI/RFI shielding
- Predelivery, in-house testing of components/assemblies
- Gas-assist technology to unify complex parts into a single component
- Engineering assistance with high-mix resins, tool selection, and part design
- Forecasts of resin prices and availability
- Finite-element analysis with 3D modeling
- Mold-flow analysis to avoid potential defects
- Shipping and freight routing
- Tool builders from a global network
About Contract Manufacturing at Ferriot
Supply-Line Development: In addition to design and engineering services, Ferriot identifies and qualifies the proper supplies for each component we assemble.
The process includes risk management so that if we’re sourcing particular components for a finished assembly, we start by verifying the capacity and fiscal soundness of several potential suppliers. From there, we begin a bidding and qualifying process to ensure that the suppliers we select to deliver on time and to our standards.
Supply-Line Management: Ferriot schedules and tracks the production of molded parts within our own plant and parts and pieces from qualified suppliers.
Because hundreds of different parts and pieces may go into a subassembly or finished product, effective supply-line management requires meticulous adherence to detail — in ordering, scheduling, and tracking arrival times, to inspecting the parts and pieces upon their arrival to ensure their quality compliance.
Process Qualification: Whatever the product is, there is an optimum process for making it efficiently and meeting quality standards. Ferriot’s design and engineering team creates the custom blueprints and manufacturing instructions that are critical to turning out quality finished products.
Product Testing: Whatever a customer needs to meet the quality standards for a finished assembly or product, we develop a scheme for meeting those requirements.
Depending on the complexity of the assembly, we may test every product that comes off the assembly line or every tenth product, if we’re dealing with less complicated assemblies.
Drop Shipping: Often, products that leave Ferriot’s assembly line ship directly to end-users — the customers of our customers. We are proud of that because of the level of trust it demonstrates. We get it there, and we get it right.
Final Assembly: When you need it, you get it. That’s an advantage of working with Ferriot. Whether it’s a long run or a small to mid-size batch, Ferriot produces quickly and delivers on time.
About Finishing Operations at Ferriot
At Ferriot, we deliver finished products and subassemblies on time to any location.
The advantage: Our customers avoid the hassle of dealing with multiple suppliers of parts and pieces. Instead, they receive just the finished assemblies they need — whether simple or complex — meeting their manufacturing needs and their delivery deadlines.
The versatility of our skilled workforce differentiates Ferriot. Our workers cross-train for multiple jobs, allowing us to balance workflow for maximum efficiency. Workers routinely shift from assembly lines to paint stations, for example. With factory workers averaging more than 20 years of experience each, our talent pool covers a full range of core competencies:
- Finished painting
- EMI/RFI shielding applications
- Cosmetic coatings
- Ultrasonic welding
- Hot stamping
- Heat staking
- Pad printing
Call us to learn more about these services.